DAA Captial Partners participates in Series A1 financing round
Astrocast closed a Series A1 round on the 27th of March 2020. The capital provided by DAA Capital Partners – one of Switzerland’s leading investors in Series A+ DeepTech companies – comes in addition to the current investors base that includes Airbus Ventures, a Geneva-based independent asset manager and multi-family office, and a many other Swiss- and international private investors.
Astrocast is an IoT company using a network of nano-satellites to offer low-cost and global communication services to a wide range of industries. Astrocast is also the first satellite operator originated from Switzerland. The company’s mission is to track assets, monitor the environment and save lives by building and operating the most advanced and sustainable satellite IoT network.
Astrocast is the first IoT nanosatellite constellation that combines the following key differentiators:
- Global coverage including remote areas of the globe
- Global L-Band frequencies
- Over-the-air updates
- Low-latency nanosatellite IoT network
- Two-way communications on dedicated frequencies (no noise generated by other devices)
- Patented data protocol developed and optimized for satellite IoT in partnership with Airbus
- Highly-secure communications (256 bit encryption with multi-level security)
- Communication module smaller than a credit card using a revolutionary low-cost and ultra-low power patented chipset developed in collaboration with the CEA
- Miniaturized and low-cost antenna
- Low-cost data plans